The C. Louis Meyer Family Foundation was originally formed in 1946 by C. Louis and Mary Luman Meyer, the owners of the Ceco Corporation. The original foundation name, Meyer Ceco Foundation, recognized both the family and the company that helped establish the original Foundation. The intent of the Meyers in creating the Foundation was to ensure that the communities in which the Ceco Corporation had offices benefited from the company's success.
In 1991, the Foundation's name was changed to The Meyer Family Foundation when a merger occurred between Ceco Corporation and H. H. Robertson Company of Pittsburgh. In 2002 the Foundation evolved in to the C. Louis Meyer Family Foundation as it is known today.
C. Louis and Mary Luman Meyer believed that the combined judgment of several trustees would contribute to both the quality of investment decisions and the determination of the beneficiaries. Since its inception, the Trustees of the Foundation have, for the most part, been direct descendants of the Founders.
The board's mission continues to reflect C. Louis and Mary Luman Meyer's original philanthropic thoughts and ideas as they continue to strive to positively impact the communities in which they live today.
Please note we have a new address and phone number:
C. LOUIS MEYER FAMILY FOUNDATION
3180 Ronan Dr.
Lake in the Hills, IL 60156