The C. Louis Meyer Family Foundation was created to further public
welfare through the relief of poverty and suffering, the advancement
of education, the promotion of health, and the extension of the
influence of religion.
The Foundation will not be involved, directly or
indirectly, with political causes or the influence of legislation.
The Foundation was formed in 1946 by C. Louis Meyer and Mary
Luman Meyer. Since its inception, the Trustees of the Foundation
have, for the most part, been direct descendants of the Founders.
The Founders believed that the combined judgment of several
trustees would contribute to both to the quality of investment
decisions and the determination of the beneficiaries.
The Foundation will continue to identify philanthropic
organizations where its support can have an important and
measurable effect. Consequently, grants will tend to be made to
smaller organizations located in areas where trustees reside,
including, but not limited to the Sandhills area of North Carolina,
South Carolina and the Greater Chicago-land area.